You are here
The Standards Team is comprised of pharmacists who provide advice to pharmacy professionals, patients and the public, and others, about the standards we set and medicines legislation relating to pharmacy. They advise on the following standards:
- Standards of conduct, ethics and performance
- Standards for registered pharmacies
The team has produced guidance that provides information and advice to help pharmacy professionals meet our standards. View our guidance.
The team will respond to phone calls, emails, and letters. The types of enquiries that the team can advise on include questions about the standards we set and how these should be applied to practice, and pharmacy legislation, including:
- Supplies of medicines from registered pharmacies
- Controlled drugs in registered pharmacies, (storage, prescriptions, registers, requisitions)
- Prescription requirements
Where the team cannot answer a question the enquirer will be redirected to the appropriate source of information.
Phone (9am to 5pm Monday to Friday): 0203 365 3460